Building Authentic Partnerships: Aboriginal Participation in Major Resource Development Opportunities
This report details the outcomes of a pan-Canadian roundtable series convened by the Public Policy Forum, in partnership with Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada and in collaboration with Natural Resources Canada, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada and the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency. Over 150 leaders from Aboriginal communities, and the public, private and natural resources sectors contributed to regional dialogues in the series Aboriginal Participation in Major Resource Development Opportunities.
Key policy directions in the report include:
- Building authentic partnerships;
- Developing human capital;
- Enhancing community control over decision-making;
- Promoting entrepreneurship and business development; and
- Increasing access to financial participation.