Never has leading organizations in the public sector been more challenging. In an increasingly complex managerial environment, executive development has to be about more than improving certain skills sets. This is why the Forum has launched a new program to strengthen leadership capabilities of senior public service officials and to facilitate the exchange of experiences and best practices amongst them.
The program convenes 25-30 esteemed leaders from across Canada. Participants are challenged to develop strategic thinking processes and to strengthen their leadership potential through case studies, group sessions, roundtable discussions, lectures, presentations, and video sessions. Guest speakers will also be invited to present to the participants.
This program is offered n Ottawa and elsewhere in Canada and custom programs are also available.
The course is designed to raise participants to new levels of performance by:
- Using leading edge concepts for thriving in a changing and complex public sector environment;
- Exploring effective leadership strategies specific to the public sector;
- Developing key relationships for achieving goals and successfully implementing winning strategies in government organizations;
- Learning from both private and public sector innovations and best practices.
The program is also structured to challenge high potential public sector leaders in improving both personal performance and organizational strategy by:
- Inspiring and motivating high performance work teams;
- Strengthening leadership skills and strategic thinking;
- Balancing strategy development with implementation;
- Forming action plans to maximize strengths;
- Deepening the understanding of key organizational functions;
- Gaining organizational support at all levels.
For additional information on the Public Sector Executive Development Program, please contact:
Senior Fellow and Program Director
Senior Project Administrator